Thursday 18 August 2011

What makes a wedding for you?

What has been your priority when planning your wedding? For some, fashion, the dress and shoes mean everything. For others, its the perfect venue, music or food. For me, personally, it was a bit of everything. 



Growing up pretty much the youngest in my entire extended family I've attended my fair share of weddings. From age 11 to the wedding of the people who bought our family home to sisters, cousins, friends and aquiaintances. 

I've seen perfect flowers only for it to be let down by the soggy brown bread with butter as a starter. I've seen stunning gowns yet drinks receptions that last waaaay beyond 2 hours. 

My fiance laughs at me because I genuinely want this to be the best wedding the guests attending have ever been to. A pretty tough gig you might think. I don't have a spare £50k, Hello! deal or Vera on hand for my dress but I have lived and breathed weddings for around the last 15 years and have probably spent more time researching, designing and planning than I have in my full time job since getting engaged.


I've tried to consider everyones opinions and needs, (although the child-free debate runs on!) trends, personal choices, unique ideas and heart warming touches. 

This week, I bought two blackboards in the shape of speech bubbles. I saw them at the National Wedding Show in Birmingham a while ago being an add on when renting a photo booth. I bought them for £13.50 each from ebay. I'm also in the process of designing and ordering invites (though with divorced, remarried, deceased parents the wording has proven to be tricky thus far!). I really love an individual Order of Service and Menu card at weddings. These little details, in my opinion, make all the difference. 


Other ideas include a 'family wedding' display. Not on a tree or in frames but mismatched black and white arty shots mounted in a huge white Habitat frame on an easal. When I can find an easel! 


Please do let my know what your priority has been when planning your day and what you've done differently to make yours special! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...