Friday 23 September 2011

Emmy Fever

Oh how I love watching the E! coverage of the award shows' red carpet.

Now I know its a tad late (sorry readers!) but I couldn't help blogging about this years' Emmy Awards. Guiliana Ransic, Kelly Osbourne and Ryan Seacrest are hilarious. I think in America its more common but I still find it funny to see them ask each celeb 'who are you wearing?' especially when the poor starlet can't remember the designer (or even better) can't pronounce the name properly! (see Monique Lhullier).

I also (shame) tend to watch the Fashion Police show after. If you haven't seen it, it basically involves the aging (but severly botoxed) Joan Rivers slagging off each red carper-walker in turn. Occasionally, the panel actually praise a style choice but, 90% of the time, the comments are a less than positive! There was also some controvercial mimicing of Lea Michelle's posing technique (done quite well actually - I don't see what all the fuss is about Gleeks!)

So who were the winners and loser in the style stakes this year. Red strapless 'fit and flare' styles certainly featured heavily as did the ever cool Marchesa designs (I still haven't figured out why Georgina Chapman married Harvey Weinstein). Kate Winslet arrived looking steely eyed, but one of my stabnd-out favourites must be new comer Charlie's Angels star Rachael Taylor (that cropped baby blonde hair - wow!).

Let me know who was your favoutite! Love TM x







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...