Tuesday 28 February 2012

Teeth Whitening - Crest Whitestrips Review

In preparation for my wedding, in (argh!) 80 days, I started doing some research about different teeth whitening products and treatments on the market. I was quoted around £70 for a teeth bleaching kit (via my Denplan dentist) but there were no guarantees it would actually make my teeth a whole lot whiter.

I read quite a bit about Crest Whitestrips online - mostly from blogs and Youtube videos from the US. The results looks pretty incredible so I thought I'd give them a try. I bought some gum shields a couple of years ago from a pharmacy in San Fransisco and they did work but I felt for my wedding, I needed something a bit stronger!
I used the Professional Effects strips. They cost about £40 for 20 sets of upper and lower strips.
Advertised as:

"The latest Crest 3D White Whitestrips Professional Effects contains the identical fenamel-safe ingredient dentists use. It’s so quick and easy to use. Simply apply once a day for 30 minutes and you’ll start seeing a white smile within just a few days and a complete transformation within only 20 days."

I ordered some Crest Whitestrips from a website called Dent Store (http://www.dentstore.co.uk/). They seemed to have good feedback and it all looked above board! I'd watched some Youtube videos where users reported pain, headaches and tooth sensitivity for days after using the strips so I was anxious to say the least. I haven't had the best dental-related experiences over the last 15 years with 4 root canals, braces and one implant, I try to take care of my teeth as much as possible!


Peel off the strips and stick them firmly onto the row of teeth (avoiding gums!)
They say you can use the strips for 30 minutes each day and if used consecutively, after 3 days, you should see the difference. I first used them on Wednesday 22nd February....and boy did it hurt! My teeth aren't particularly sensitive normally but even after about 10 minutes there was tingling, intermittent shooting pains and burning! Sounds scary doesn't it, but it wasn't quite THAT bad - I have had much worse dental pain!

I managed to keep them on for the requisite 30 minutes for maximum effect and once I took them off, my teeth hurt slightly when drinking cold water but I really could see the difference already. Rather than using them daily, I've opted for every other day. I'm due my fourth use tonight.
Please note: these are not my teeth! An example given by the website!
The second and third uses were absolutely fine. I sat still and read a book, trying not to concentrate on any slight tingling! Actually, there was no pain or sensitivity at all after the first use. Perhaps it was just my teeth getting used to it. Although its not the most pleasant experience, I would definitely recommend them because my teeth are now noticeably whiter and I can't wait to see how white I can get them before the big W-day!

Have you used these or other white strips before? Were they painful? Did you have good results?

Love TM

4 comments:

  1. Great results! Dent Store are a US based company however.. So if anyone is looking for a recommended UK based company, you can get them from http://www.whitestrips4u.co.uk - they are actually cheaper as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would second that.. Whitestrips4u are a great website

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want to check out other whitening options - and some at home follow up - from a reputable resource, visit www.teethwhiteningreviews.com. It's got tons of information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been using Stella white strips for year and they are amazing! They are also peroxide free and legal in UK :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...