Thursday 3 March 2011

Should Vera have compromised?

So, Vera Wang decided to join forces with the US powerhouse that is David's Bridal to create 'White' by Vera Wang. Now, at first sight, it seems as though the Gods have looked kindly on us worshipers however, looking closely enough, I have to wonder...are they just cheap imitations of the real thing?

I've been there...when I was 17 I bought a Louis Vuitton or Louie Voutton as was printed on the pleather thinking no-one would be able to tell the difference...but I knew.

I saw the dresses on the Oprah show a while ago and I was sorely disappointed. Now I know these dresses still carry the prestigious 'VW' but at $1,000 or £750 I might have to conclude that its either better to save up for the real thing or just admit that you'll have to choose a cheaper (British!) designer.


1 comment:

  1. Oh! I Looooved these dresses and your Blog and Vera Wang, hehe.
    So so beautiful ;)
    Congrats!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...