Friday 11 March 2011

Sweet Caroline

So, as a change, I thought I’d blog about one of my favourite bridal designers of all time. I remember when I was 17 I went with my eldest sister to Caroline’s boutique in Wilmslow, Cheshire. The Sales Assistant did such a great job and at one point actually said, “I think it’s the one, I can feel Caroline here, she would want you to have it.” At £3,500 I bet she would!

I love her in this jacket, she looks like Princess Di

No, but seriously, she is fantastically talented and should be a top-contender for any classic, elegant bride. Having just celebrated the label’s 20 years anniversairé, we look back to when she started out. Ms Castigliano started her first business in Florida (goodness knows what she was doing out there) and designed sportswear (a far cry from silk bridal gowns I hear you cry). Perhaps Sweaty Betty needs a hand?




Her first bridal boutique was in Surrey in 1991, but her flagship store is at 154 Brompton Road, Knightsbridge. The other stores are in Bath, another in London, Edinburgh, Wilmslow and (heaven forbid!) “up north” in Leeds.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...